Unless you are living under a rock, you should already understand how important mobile devices have become in everyone’s day to day life, be it for catching up with friends, looking for directions, or taking work calls, and attending meetings.
Besides the obvious fact that website traffic is at an all time high with internet becoming accessible to more and more people, did you know that as of February 2023, about 60% of website traffic comes from mobile devices?
Keeping that number in mind, it is crucial for law firm website’s to be mobile friendly in order to cater to this growing audience.
Not convinced yet?
Well, there are many other reasons you should make sure your website is optimized for mobile usage.
Starting with the simplest, an improved user experience. When users access a website on their mobile device, they expect a seamless experience that is easy to navigate and read through. A poorly optimized website for mobile can be hard to navigate through, causing frustrations that may ultimately deter potential clients from engaging with the law firm, and who wants that?
Moving on from that, did you know that Google considers mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor for search results? Websites that are mobile-friendly are more likely to appear higher in search engine results, which increases visibility and attracts more visitors to the site!
Finally, competitive advantage! A law firm with a mobile-friendly website will more than likely have a competitive advantage over one that does not. With more people using mobile devices to search for legal services, a law firm that has a website optimized for mobile can attract and retain more clients!
So how do you do it you ask?
Here is a list of several ways you can optimize your website for mobile:
- Use a responsive design: A responsive website design will automatically adjust to fit the screen size of the device being used to view it. This means that the website will be easy to use and read on any device, be it a smartphone or a tablet.
- Simplify your design: A simple design can make navigation of your website a lot easier. This can include using larger font sizes, reducing the number of pictures and videos, as well as simplifying the menu navigation.
- Optimize images: large images will slow down a website’s loading time, which quite frankly is frustrating, so why not avoid it? It is easy! Optimize the images by simply compressing them. This will reduce the file size, but the quality will stay unaffected.
- Prioritize your most important content: Make sure that the content that is most important is as accessible and visible as possible for mobile users. This can include things such as contact information, your different services, or things like testimonials.
- Improve page speed: Slow loading times in a time as fast as ours are a big no-no! Improve your page’s speed by minimizing the use of scripts and plugins, optimizing images (as mentioned above) as well as the website’s code, and if you would like to read more about improving your website’s speed, feel free to check out our blog on How to improve your law firm’s website speed.
After you have followed all these steps, make sure you test your website!
Test your website on various mobile devices to ensure that it looks and functions well on each one of them!
So, in summary, optimizing your law firm website is important to improve on your user’s experience, increase your search engine rankings, and gain a competitive advantage in today’s mobile-filled world! You can do this by following various steps like using a responsive design, using a simpler design, optimizing images, prioritizing content, and improving page speed!
Need help implementing these steps? Visit our SEO service page to figure out how we can help you in optimizing your law firm’s website!